The PCC Foundation offers scholarships to new, current and returning students. Applications are accepted annually between Feb. 1 and April 1 for scholarships that will be awarded during the ensuing academic year.
Students must meet certain criteria and complete the following steps in order to gain eligibility to apply for PCC Foundation scholarships:
- Complete and submit a PCC admission application to secure a student username and password needed for accessing online systems.
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the upcoming academic year (prior to the foundation’s April 1 application deadline). Students must complete and submit a FAFSA in each year they apply for scholarships.
- Post a GPA of 2.5 or higher to qualify for PCC Foundation general scholarships. Other scholarships may require higher GPAs.
- Complete and submit an online scholarship application by the April 1 deadline.
(NOTE: Some PCC Foundation scholarships have additional criteria to meet, as specified by the donors who established the awards.)
PCC utilizes an online application portal to accept, process and review scholarship applications. The portal is also used for notifying students of scholarships they’ve been awarded, to accept ‘thank-you’ letters, and for student correspondence with scholarship donors.
- STEP ONE: Visit the Scholarship Portal.
- STEP TWO: Log into the portal with the username and password provided in your PCC acceptance letter.
- STEP THREE: Complete the general application, making sure to carefully answer each question thoroughly. The system will use the information you provide to automatically match you with scholarships for which you are eligible.
- STEP FOUR: Make sure you have completed every question and provided an electronic signature and date.
- STEP FIVE: Click “Finish and Submit.”
(NOTE: The system may prompt you to answer additional questions or invite you to apply for additional scholarships that require a separate application. Please read the qualifications for these additional scholarships in order to determine your eligibility for them. If you do not meet the qualifications, please do not apply.)
Once completion of the online scholarship application has started, information that has been entered can be saved as a draft to be completed and submitted at a later time, if necessary. Please keep in mind that applications must be “submitted” in order to be reviewed. Applications left in “draft” mode are incomplete and will not be considered.
Students selected for scholarships will be notified of their award(s) by email sent to their PCC student email account. Scholarship recipients must accept their awards by logging into the scholarship portal and clicking “Accept.” Students can also decline scholarship awards, if they so choose.
High school students will receive scholarship award notification in mid-May, in time for school award ceremonies. Current, returning and transfer students will be notified during the summer (usually June and July), in time for completing fall enrollment plans.
Scholarships awarded by the PCC Foundation may only be used to attend Pitt Community College. They are not transferable to any other college, university or institution.
Scholarships awarded to students enrolled in degree programs cannot be used for continuing education, certificate or diploma programs and vice versa.
Government-funded awards and specific scholarships, such as the N.C. Education Lottery and Golden LEAF scholarships, are awarded by PCC’s Financial Aid Department.
For additional scholarship information, contact the PCC Foundation Office at (252) 493-7902.