The PCC Foundation offers scholarships to new, current and returning students. Applications are accepted annually between Feb. 1 and April 1 for scholarships that will be awarded in the following academic year.
Students must meet certain criteria and complete the following steps to apply for PCC Foundation scholarships:
- Apply for Pitt Community College admission.
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the upcoming academic year prior to the April 1 deadline. Students must submit a FAFSA each year they apply for scholarships.
- Post a GPA of 2.5 or higher to qualify for PCC Foundation general scholarships. Other scholarships may require higher GPAs.
- Submit an online scholarship application by the deadline.
PCC utilizes an online application portal to accept, process and review scholarship applications.
- STEP ONE: Visit the Scholarship Portal.
- STEP TWO: Log into the portal with the username and password provided in your PCC acceptance letter.
- STEP THREE: Complete the general application. Answer all questions thoroughly and accurately. The system will use the information you provide to automatically match you with all scholarships for which you are eligible.
(NOTE: The system may invite you to apply for additional scholarships that require additional information or a separate application. Please read the qualifications for these additional scholarships in order to determine your eligibility for them.)
Once the online scholarship application has been started, information can be saved as a draft and completed later. Please keep in mind that applications must be “submitted” to be reviewed. Applications left in “draft” mode are incomplete and will not be considered.
Students selected for scholarships will be notified by an email to their PCC student account. Recipients must accept their awards by logging into the scholarship portal and clicking “Accept.” Students can also decline scholarship awards if they so choose.
High school graduates will receive scholarship award notifications in mid-May, in time for school award ceremonies. Current, returning and transfer students will be notified during the summer (usually June and July), in time for completing fall enrollment plans.
Scholarships awarded by the PCC Foundation may only be used to attend Pitt Community College. They are not transferable to any other college, university or institution.
Scholarships awarded to students enrolled in degree programs cannot be used for continuing education, certificate, or diploma programs and vice versa.
Government-funded awards and specific scholarships, such as the N.C. Education Lottery and Golden LEAF scholarships, are awarded by PCC’s Financial Aid Department.
For additional scholarship information, contact the PCC Foundation Office at (252) 493-7902.