Campaign for Student Success: $10 Million
Center for Student Advancement - $8.5 Million+
A new facility, the Eddie & Jo Allison Smith Center for Student Advancement, will provide more space for student services and success.
- The Herman & Ursula Simon VISIONS Center - VISIONS is a career development and mentoring program for at-risk high school and first generation college students. This center will support students and advisors. Area will include a dedicated study area and conference room with latest technology.
- The Slocum & Bunch Veterans Center - It will support specific services for active duty-military families and veterans entering the job market or furthering their education. It will be a welcoming environment to honor their service.
- Women’s Resource Center and Men’s Resource Center - These areas will address specific and unique needs of women and men in successfully completing their educational goals, most facing competing demands of jobs, family responsibilities, college readiness, and financial hurdles. The Women's Center will also include an office for Pitt County Women for Women.
- Large Meeting Rooms - This will include a great hall, seating up to 600 for large classes, activities, and events as well as two additional 50-seat rooms. Combined space addresses PCC's greatest need as the state's most crowded based on space per student on NC community college campuses.
- Scholarship Center - This space will meet the substantial need for student financial assistance and support services along with the growing network of individual and business scholarship donors.
- Alumni, Advancement, & Foundation Outreach - These offices will support graduates and engage Pitt County families, schools, business and economic development, and community vitality.
- Minges Board Room - This will be a large boardroom seating up to 40 people. It will include audio-visual and communication technology for video-conferencing and teleconferencing.
Increase available resources for scholarships and educational activities - $1.5 million+
- The PCC Foundation Board wants to expand its endowment for scholarships and programs to support student success.
- The Foundation will receive a VISIONS Program Endowment match up to $2 Million from the Eddie and Jo Allison Smith Family Foundation for every new endowment gift up to a total of $1 Million. Join the Smith Family Foundation 2-for-1 match with your pledge or gift today! The deadline for the pledge match is September 2019.
Future Campaign Components include additional $4 million campaign for scholarship and program support and $12 million campaign to build a 1,200-seat auditorium.
You can help PCC Accelerate the Future by supporting this campaign. Please contact:
|Clifton Everett Building (Library - currently being renovated)|
|Walter & Marie Williams Building||(approved)|
|Max R. Joyner Auditorium||$150,000 (approved)|
|Industrial Systems Center||$50,000|
|Center for Student Advancement (Campaign 2017-19)|
|Eddie & Jo Allison Smith Building||$2 million (approved)|
|Large Multipurpose Room (up to 600 ppl)||$250,000|
|Meeting Rooms (50 ppl)||$50,000|
|Minges Board Room||$50,000 (approved)|
|Herman & Ursula Simon VISIONS Center||$75,000 (approved)|
|Ward & Smith Conference Room in VISIONS Center||$15,000 (approved)|
|Computer Lab/Study Room||$15,000|
|Lobby - Gallery||$50,000|
|Slocum & Bunch Veterans' Center||$50,000 (approved)|
|Dressing Rooms||$15,000 each|
|Music Practice Room||$25,000|
|Auditorium Seats||$1,000 each|
|William E. Fulford Building (Health Sciences)|
|Craig F. Goess Student Center|
|Students' Dining Room||$50,000|
|Craig F. Goess Construction & Industrial Tech Bldg.|
|Bill Brown and Brown & Wood Automotive Labs||$25,000 (3 approved)|
|Construction Labs (2)||$25,000|
|Greenville Center (Continuing Ed./Small Business Ctr.)|
|Robert Lee Humber Building (Business Programs)|
|G. Henry Leslie Building (Transitional Studies, Classrooms)|
|Raymond Reddrick Building (General Classroom Building, University Transfer)|
|Public Safety Training Centers|
|Facility Complex (Near Bethel)||$500,000|
|New Law Enforcement Center (Winterville)||$250,000|